Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 12th to May 17th

May 12th: Ate at Don Jose's a local Mexican with Chris (co-worker) for dinner. It's right next to our hotel. I enjoyed a Carnitas plate while my co-worker had chicken fajitas. The service was good as our server refilled our glasses and happily asked if everything was good.
May 13th: Ate at a Shoney's with a co-worker. There were ants on our table. My co-worker really disliked this. I had a Salmon and rice dish. The rice was over-cooked and over-buttered. The salmon was good, but a small portion.
May 14th: I made a mistake in thinking I had a 6pm flight when I really had a 4pm flight. I missed my check-in window by 9 minutes (3:09 vs. 3:00) and had to re-book for a 515pm flight. Had a moment of being unsure whether I was going to be able to make it home that night. Enjoyed a beer with Chris before flying home.
May 15th: Spent a couple hours in the morning having a discussion with my mom about my work and life. Went to the Great Mall and picked up a golf glove and socks (Sports Authority), Golf polo, khaki shorts and a white/black reversible belt (Marshalls), a pair of blue golf shorts (Nike) and a blue golf polo (Kohls). Had a pleasant conversation with a cashier at Marshalls as we waited for a price check on the belt. She was moving into a new house and was talking about re-modeling costs. Cashier at Kohls was pushing me to sign up for a Kohls card. Went to Targetmaster's to get my Handgun Safety Cert. I can now purchase and own a handgun. My GTA: Chinatown Wars for Nintendo DS came in. Played it for a 15 minutes and then took a short nap. Hit up Sevastian and we went to Los Lagos. We're definately improving on each club. I started working on the 3 wood on Fairway and tee as well as the driver off tee. Those 2 clubs definately need work. We hit a couple hundred balls each and ended up staying until they turned on the lights. Couldn't see any of our long shots after they did that and switched to pitching. Still a cool effect. We had a Jack in the Box dinner, got cleaned up and headed down to the Brit to meet with Mely (a mutual friend for Sevastian and I's counsin). Hung out there till midnight and went to the Loft. The Loft was asian heavy and more of a club then a bar. I had a couple drinks there and called it a night.
May 16th:
Hit up SJ Muni in the afternoon with Sevastian. Hit on the ground level and was not doing well. Almost fell after hitting a 3 wood fairway shot which was hilarious, but also impacted my hitting the rest of the day. We practiced chipping from the rough on the chipping need. Definately need a lot of work there. We hit up Targetmaster's afterward. Sevastian rented a .38 special S&W revolver and I rented a Glock 38 .45 GAP. The revolver had no recoil and huge smoke after each shot. Due to my small hands the revolver was too big for me. The 38 is a good sized gun for Sevastian and myself. We both shot a lot better with it then any other gun we used. Looks like compact size is what I'm going with. We showered up and had dinner with friends at Thai Pepper in Sunnyvale. The decor and atmosphere in Thai Pepper was good. Very cool and urban feeling. The menu was overwhelming with over 8 pages and photos galore. We had Calamari and Soft Crab for appetizers, Prix Khing Chicken, Yellow Curry Chicken, Beef Pad Thai and a couple seafood dishes along with a Sapporo, Singha and some Thai Ice teas. The food was decent, but they messed up on the spiceyness. We ended up using all the extra hot sauce they had outon the table. I was sweating bullets afterwards, but that's how I enjoy my Thai food. I noticed the rice bowl had a couple chips in it. Bummer. It seems like this place used to be a hot spot that slowly lost its charm. It ended up being about $20 a head which was good considering we had drinks. I would go back for a cheap dinner with a group. Seabass, Mely and I we went to Food Max and got a 6 pack of Negro Modelo, sprite and hennessey. We went back to Mely's place and had drinks. I only had one beer and one shot and passed out around 11:30 (still felt like I was on East Coast time). They kept drinking till the bottle was gone.
May 17th:
Woke up at Mely's house around 7am and hit the head. Everyone was still out so I went back to sleep. Got up around 11am and headed back home. Sold my PS3 to Daniel. Met up with him at the Chevron in Great Mall. Picked up some strawberries from the farmer's market going on
in the Great Mall that was literally a 2 minute walk from where I sold the PS3 to Daniel. Hit the gym and showered up at home. Was going to go to Sevastian's to go swimming and bbq, but ended up napping until 6pm. Had dinner and started doing chores and here I am now. I have to pack for my red-eye tomorrow night and buy tickets for the Rugby match on the 31st. Then I'm off to bed.

Report on Past Actions:
- Read articles on how to shoot a gun. (Done, definately improved my accuracy)
- Plan Seabass's Vegas Trip (Work in process)
- Read and view videos on how to pitch and chip (did it, but need to find a drill on how to improve this as it was pretty bad on Sat when we hit)
- Hit the putting green (Doing it Monday May 18th after work)

Actions:
- Start taking photos
- Try out a couple other compact .45 ACP & .45 GAP. Make a choice by end of June for purchase if not sooner
- Start Thinking ABout Seabass's Vegas Trip
- Find a drill for Pitching, Chipping and Putting and get better at each
- Go shoot clay pigeons next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment