Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 7th through May 9th (no photos this time)

May 7th:
In a week long training workshop at work. Went for a 40 minute walk during the lunch break and took this quick photo. (to be inserted later)

May 8th:
2pm - Got out of the training workshop early and hit the driving range at SJ Muni. I forgot my glove at the golf machine and went up to the 2nd tier to hit. When I came back down (about a minute later) it was gone. Someone jacked my glove. Bummer dude. Did not hit as well as normal as I had to adjust to hitting sans glove.

7pm - Went to Harker middle school with Seabass to watch a performance of "Into the Woods" that Rem did the costume design for. Rem is part of a non-profit sewing group. The costumes were very well done. Only feedback I had was to simplify the Cow (it had a lot of extra material hanging from it...should have snapped a photo). It was an impressive performance by the 6th-8th graders. A lot fo cheering between parts by students and parents which got a bit unnerving as it felt like after every scene they cheered (a total of about 20 times). Seabass and I felt a little out of place and a little like peders. Random note, my cousin Wendy went to Harker.

9pm - Found out Rem's sister Mely got into a car accident. Unfortunately the lady who hit her didn't have insurance or a licence. The po-pos did not have a vehicle in the area and did not want to come out to give a police report and informed Mely that there was not a legal right to hold the lady as the lady had given Mely her contact info.

10pm - Hit Target Master's with Seabass. Really slow which is weird as the place is usually packed Friday evenings. Paul (NRA instructor) got us set up. We rented a Smith and Wesson 410 40S&W and a Glock 23 357 SIG and bought 100 rounds each. Seabass shot 50 and I shot 50 of each. I like the S&W 410. Lighter than the glock and less trigger pressure and easier to load ammo. There were a couple of Eastern Europeans in suits shooting fairly well at 10yrds and 25 yrds. Our aim needs work. We both tend to shoot to the lower left. I plan to read a couple how to shoot articles and possibly take a class. We've also shot a Glock 17, 19 (9mm) and 21 (45 acp). I'm 80% of the way there to picking up a Glock 19. I liked shooting it and have read/heard good things about the maintenance and ammo prices.

May 9th:
9:30am - Went to the driving range at Los Lagos and hit about 70 balls with Sevastian. They had classes going on. A group of 4 and then a group of 10. Hit the 6 iron solid for my level (200 yrds from 2nd deck). Did better sans glove as I adjusted. Going to have to adjust again when I buy a glove to use again. We practiced pitching for the first time with about 10 out of the 70 balls. Definately need to improve. Looking forward to the lessons on the 23rd (1 day after my bday!) and getting out on the golf course. I think Seabass and I are ready to play the game, but I'd feel more comfortable with some formal lessons to avoid frustration.

11:30am - Ate lunch at Mi Pueblo in Willow Glen w/ Seabass. Had a carne asada burrito and some teeth hurting (very sweet) horchata. The owners of Mi Pueblo were looking over building plans and looks like they were getting ready to expand. Forgot to snap a photo as I was eating. Will get one next time. Mi Pueblo is indeed the best authentic mexican in Willow Glen.

12pm-4pm - Hung out at Seabass's. Watched part of the Player's. Tiger was not at his best and the Ponte Verde course in Florida was really unforgiving. Fell asleep around 1pm (food coma). Got up at 4pm and headed home.

Tomorrow: SFO at 11am for a 12:30 flight to Richmond.
Other Highlights: Delta gave me a $100 voucher due to a flight delay that happened to me last week, the downside is delta flights are expensive as hell.

Actions: Read articles on how to shoot a gun. Plan Seabass's Vegas Trip, Read and view videos on how to pitch and chip (golf). Hit the putting green.

No comments:

Post a Comment