Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pillars to a happy life

Pillars
My past 3 blog posts have been about my daily workouts which keep me happy. I thought I would expand on that. What I have below are the pillars I feel create an environment where humans can be at peace and find the happiness inside all of us. I think I will elaborate on each of these points in future blog posts.

Physical
- Working out 30 minutes a day
- Sleeping 6 to 8 hours a night
- Eating a balanced diet of 2000 or less calories, or eating until slightly hungry

Mental (All of these are outside of your regular work day)
- Training the mind for 15 minutes a day. Meditation or some form of brain training (lumosity.com)
- Creative thinking for 15 minutes a day. Writing a blog, painting a picture, creating a food dish. The key is doing an activity which requires out of the box creativity on your part.

Social
- Do something daily involving people you do not see every day (share a meal, grab a coffee, attend a happy hour or networking event) or try something new with people you do see everyday (new restaurant, new bar, different activity or modified activity) for 15 minutes each day

Spiritual
- Train your spirit and find the inner peace inside you for 15 minutes a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment