Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Physical Pillar of Happiness: 2000 calorie or less per day

I decided to mix it up and take a break from the spiritual postings. One of my key pillars to a happy life is eating a 2000 calorie or less per day diet. I would like to amend this to also include eating a diet that contains my daily nutrient requirements, is diverse (different foods each day) and has a 30/40/40 structure for fat, carbs and protein.

A good diet contributes just as much if not more so to healthy living than exercise and is pretty equal to sleep. It's all about harmony and balance. By keeping my meals balanced I feel emotionally and mentally balanced. I perform better and it is easier to access my spiritual side. By not eating a good meal the body and mind is tired and I am unable to keep my focus. This causes me to fall into bad thinking habits and emotional viscious cycles which further promote bad diet.

Until next time, eat healthy and harmoniously

No comments:

Post a Comment